I’ve put up a webpage, http://syndicate-lang.org/tonyg-dissertation/, which gathers together a number of resources related to my recently-completed PhD project:
- The dissertation itself, in both PDF and online HTML;
- A video recording of my dissertation defense talk;
- The slides I used for my talk;
- A source code snapshot of the Syndicate implementations and examples; and
- The proof scripts accompanying the dissertation.
Syndicate is a programming language design taking a new approach to communication and coordination in a concurrent setting.
It can be seen as a hybrid between Actor-style message-passing and tuplespace-style shared-blackboard communication, with some characteristics of each plus a few unique ones of its own.
Click through for the abstract from the dissertation.